5MP OV5647: Download Full Datasheet (Specs, Pinouts, Registers & Diagrams)
What you will find in the OV5647 datasheet
- Signal descriptions.
- System level description.
- Block level description.
- Image sensor core digital functions.
- Image sensor processor digital functions.
- Image sensor output interface digital functions.
- Register tables.
- Operating specifications.
- Mechanical specifications.
- Optical specifications.
1/4" color CMOS QSXGA (5 megapixel) image sensor by OminiVision
- active array size: 2592 x 1944
- power supply:
- core: 1.5V + 5% (with embedded 1.5V regulator)
- analog: 2.6 ~ 3.0V (2.8V typical)
- I/O: 1.7V ~ 3.0V
- temperature range:
- operating: -30°C to 70°C
- stable image: 0°C to 50°C
- output formats: 8-/10-bit RGB RAW output
- lens size: 1/4"
- lens chief ray angle: 24°
- input clock frequency: 6~27 MHz
- maximum image transfer rate:
- QSXGA (2592 x 1944): 15 fps
- 1080p: 30 fps
- 960p: 45 fps
- 720p: 60 fps
- VGA (640 x 480): 90 fps
- QVGA (320 x 240): 120 fps
- shutter: rolling shutter / global shutter
- maximum exposure interval: 1968 x tROW
- pixel size: 1.4 μm x 1.4 μm
- well capacity: TBD
- dark current: TBD
- fixed pattern noise (FPN): TBD
- image area: 3673.6 μm x 2738.4 μm
- die dimensions: 5520 μm x 4700 μm
- 4 μm x 1.4 μm pixel with OmniBSI technology for high performance (high sensitivity, low crosstalk, low noise)
- optical size of 1/4"
- automatic image control functions: automatic exposure control (AEC), automatic white balance (AWB), automatic band filter (ABF), automatic 50/60 Hz luminance detection, and automatic black level calibration (ABLC)
- programmable controls for frame rate, AEC/AGC 16-zone size/position/weight control, mirror and flip, cropping, windowing, and panning
- image quality controls: lens correction, defective pixel canceling
- support for output formats: 8-/10-bit raw RGB data
- support for video or snapshot operations
- support for LED and flash strobe mode
- support for internal and external frame synchronization for frame exposure mode
- support for horizontal and vertical sub-sampling
- standard serial SCCB interface
- digital video port (DVP) parallel output interface
- MIPI interface (two lanes)
- 32 bytes of embedded one-time programmable (OTP) memory
- on-chip phase lock loop (PLL)
- embedded 1.5V regulator for core power
- programmable I/O drive capability, I/O tri-state configurability
- support for black sun cancellation
Where to download the datasheet
OminiVision launched this sensor in late 2009, it became popular since RPi foundation’s release of the OV5647-powered camera module V1.
Camera Modules featuring this OV5647 Sensor
Day/Night Vision Camera Module w/ Motorized IR-CUT Switch (full kit)
Camera Module with Different Lenses
Spy/Miniature Camera Modules
- 200 mm Cable + 120° lens >
- Mini Camera for Raspberry Pi Zero >
- 60 mm Cable + Wide Anlge Lens >
- NoIR Spy Camera w/ 300 mm Cable >
Stereoscopic Camera Modules