Now Arducam released a stereo camera HAT for Raspberry Pi which allows you to connect two 5MP OV5647 or two 8MP IMX219 pi cameras to a single standard pi board, and takes images or video at the same time, even more important they are fully synchronized. The highlight of this stereo camera HAT is that it incorporates Arducam proprietary ArduChip solution, and extends the usage of the single pi camera port, it cheats the Raspberry pi as if only one camera connected. It supports libcamera apps for previewing and video capture/processing with Rpi default camera driver for its 5MP and 8MP cameras.
It also supports other Arducam Raspberry Pi cameras and proprietary camera driver that works up to two 16MP. With the shared oscillator and I2C broadcasting, the two cameras are fully synchronized in the nano-second level. With the latest new coming Pi 4 hardware, Arducam makes more camera applications possible for Raspberry Pi.
Combined with the stereo camera board, you are no need to modify your current Raspberry Pi V1.3 or V2 camera board with solder iron and hot air gun.
- Support all series Raspberry Pi boards, Pi HAT board style
- Two MIPI camera inputs and one MIPI camera output
- Support 1, 2 and 4 lane MIPI cameras input up-to 800Mbps/lane
- Support 2 lane MIPI output
- Support libcamera apps to preview and capture video for 5MP/8MP pi cameras with half resolution combine
- Support Arducam RPI cameras up to 16MP with proprietary camera driver with full resolution combine
- Support camera side-by-side combine, channel 0 and channel 1 software switching on the fly
- Support digital pan in half resolution combine, programmable pan speed control
- HAT size: 65 x 56 mm
- Image Sensor: 5MP OV5647
- FoV (D/H/V): 66°/54°/41°
- IR Sensitivity: visible light only, with built-in 650 IR filter
- Stereo Vision
- 360 Camera
- Advanced Surveillance Camera
- Enhanced Vision Goggles
Using the Stereo HAT on other platforms
- You can also use the bundle kit with Jetson Nano.
- For other platforms, please contact us at [email protected].
- 1pcs Arducam Synchronized Stereo Camera HAT for Raspberry Pi
- 1pcs 5MP Arducam Stereo Camera Board
- 3pcs Arducam 80mm 22pin Ribbon FPC flat Wire Cable
- 1pcs Arducam 73mm 15pin to 22pin Ribbon FPC flat Wire Cable
- 4pcs M2.5*11mm Nylon Hex Standoffs
- 4pcs M2.5 Nylon Nuts
- 3pcs M2.5*6mm Nylon Screws
Stereo vision on Raspberry Pi 4, 3B+/3 and Zero W
Arducam Stereo Camera 360 View Demo
Depth Mapping on Raspberry Pi with Arducam Stereo HAT
More Raspberry Pi camera multiplexers can be found here.
- Datasheet for Arducam Synchronized Stereo Camera
- Documentation for Arducam Synchronized Stereo Camera
- OV5647 Datasheet
- 3D Drawing