The Camera Module is a custom designed add-on for Raspberry Pi. It attaches to Raspberry Pi by way of one of the two small sockets on the board upper surface. This interface uses the dedicated CSI interface, which was designed especially for interfacing to cameras. The CSI bus is capable of extremely high data rates, and it exclusively carries pixel data. The camera is connected to the BCM2835 processor on the Pi via the CSI bus, a higher bandwidth link which carries pixel data from the camera back to the processor. This bus travels along the ribbon cable that attaches the camera board to the Pi.
The camera is supported in the latest version of Raspbian, Raspberry Pi’s preferred operating system.
- An M12 Mount lens module that allow you to use various lens on Raspberry Pi
- Focus the sharpest way – From less than an inch to infinity, you get easy focus control on a Raspberry Pi camera simply by spinning and tuning the lens and the locking ring. Check B0176 for software auto focus/manual focus
- Compose the perfect frame – You decide how to frame up the best image by picking an m12 lens with the best FoV (Field of View) you need with a variety of M12 lenses on the market to choose from
- Example projects – Shoot a waterdrop half an inch away with tuned focus; Shoot a QR code or A4 paper from the other end of the room with telephoto M12 lens; Stitch a panorama with fisheye m12 lens
- Options – Get M12 lens set “Arducam LK001” for optical testing and “Arducam LK002” for minimum distortion in machine vision; Get “Arducam B0055” for m12 fisheye and “Arducam B003504” for m12 night vision. Get a lens without IR filter to make this camera IR sensitive. ( Contact Arducam for other options )
- Sensor size: 1/4” (OV5647)
- Resolution: 5MP 2592×1944
- Video: 1080p 30 fps, 720p 60fps, 480p 90fps
- Focal Length: 1.3mm (You can screw the lens for focusing)
- Horizontal Field of View (HFOV): 155°
- Thread Size: M12×P0.5
- Camera Board
- Dimension: 25×24 mm, 4 mounting holes
- Peak Current: 300mA
- Cellular phones, PDAs, Toys
- Other battery-powered products
- Where the official module fails in terms of focusing and Field of View,etc.
- Lens holder: M12x0.5
- 5MPixel sensor
- Integral IR filter
- Max frame rate: 30fps
- Connection by flat ribbon cable to 15-pin MIPI Camera Serial Interface (CSI) connector S5 on Raspberry Pi computer board
- The Camera Lens for Raspberry Pi Camera Board is LN060
- OmniVision 5647 sensor in a fixed-focus module with replaceable Lense
- 1pcs 5 Megapixels OV5647 Sensor Camera Module
- 1pcs 15cm 15pin FPC cable
Note: – Raspberry Pi Type B Development Board is not included
– You might need extra m12 lenses to unlock its full potential
– Often, focusing a lens is performed while monitoring the image quality on a video screen.
– The Raspberry Pi motherboard is not included in the package