This Arducam 8MP Synchronized Stereo Camera Bundle Kit is capable of running two 8MP IMX219 Camera Modules simultaneously through a single MIPI CSI-2 camera slot connection on Raspberry Pi. It consists of two 8MP IMX219 camera module and an Arducam stereo camera HAT. The stereo camera HAT is enabled by ArduChip to disguise the dual-camera connection as a single camera to be accepted by the RPi. You can use this bundle to build your stereo camera system for depth-related vision applications or upgrade your IMX219 stereo setup.
- Robot navigation
- Objective tracking
- 3D measurement
- 3D reconstruction
- Depth-related vision applications
– Camarray Stereo Camera HAT
- Support Raspberry Pi 3B/3B+/4B, Pi HAT board style
- Two MIPI camera inputs and one MIPI camera output
- Support 1/2 lane MIPI cameras input up-to 1Gbps/lane
- Support 2 lane MIPI output up-to 1Gbps/lane
- Support RAW8/RAW10/RAW12 output format, the output format automatically changes with the input format
- Support Raspistill (preview) and Raspivid (processing) commands for 5MP/8MP/12.3MP pi cameras with half resolution combine
- Support Arducam Pi cameras up to 16MP with proprietary camera driver with full resolution combine
- Support camera side-by-side combine, channel 0 and channel 1 software switching on the fly
- HAT Size: 65 x 56 mm
- Sensor: IMX219
- Optical Format: 1/4″ (diagonal 7.857mm)
- Resolution: 3280(H)×2464(V) 8MP
- Pixel Size: 1.12 µm (H) × 1.12 µm (V)
- IR Sensitivity: Visible light
- Interface: 2-lane MIPI CSI-2
- Default Lens Mount: M12 Mount Lens(PN#M32076M20)
- Video Modes: RAW8/RAW10
- Frame rate: Official driver-1642×[email protected] with raspistill, 1920×[email protected] with raspivid; Arducam MIPI Camera driver-3264×2×[email protected] 2592×2×[email protected] 1920×2×[email protected]
- Board Size: 24mm x 24mm
- Format: 1/4 inch
- Focal Length: 0.76mm
- Aperture (F): F2.1
- Field of View (FOV): 220° (H)
- Mount: M12 Mount
- Back Focal Length: 2mm
- MOD: 0.2m
- Dimension: Φ16×13.5mm
- Weight: 5g
- 1pcs Arducam Synchronized Stereo Camera HAT for Raspberry Pi
- 2pcs 8MP IMX219 color camera module mounted with M12 lens
- 2pcs Arducam 73mm 15pin to 22pin Ribbon Cable
- 1pcs Arducam 150mm 15pin to 22pin Ribbon Cable
- 4pcs M2.5*11mm Nylon Hex Standoffs
- 4pcs M2.5 Nylon Nuts
- 3pcs M2.5*6mm Nylon Screws
- Raspberry Pi board is not included in the package.
- Oscillator sharing requires extra cables, soldering skill needed or please use Arducam bundle kit.
- The IMX219 camera in this kit is a special version and cannot be used on Raspberry Pi or Jetson directly.
- Contact us for other platform support.
Synchronized Dual-Camera (Stereo Cam) on Raspberry Pi 4, 3B+/3
Arducam Raspberry Pi Stereo Camera 360 View Demonstration (Indoor & Outdoor)
Depth Mapping with Arducam Stereo Camera and Raspberry Pi
Stereo Camera for Nvidia Jetson Nano: 2 Cams Working in Sync!
A Quad Camera System (2 Stereo 3D Cam) with Raspberry Pi Compute Module 3/3+
Demo: Jetson Nano Depth Mapping with Raspberry Pi Cameras
IMPORTANT NOTE ON THE ARDUCAM CAMARRAY HAT:
Raspberry Pi board is not included in the package.
The OV9281 cameras in this kit is a special version and cannot be used on Raspberry Pi or Jetson directly. Its connection to the Camarray HAT is required.
8MP IMX219 Synchronized Stereo Camera Bundle Kit supports official driver and Arducam MIPI Camera driver, the difference between the two drivers is as follows:
①The official driver has good image effect but does not support full spelling.
The official driver supports official commands (raspistill and raspivid), can use the official ISP, has AWB, AE and other functions, the image effect is better.
However, it does not support full spelling, it is compressed half spelling (to ensure the same resolution after compositing, the resolution of each camera is compressed in the horizontal direction by half, but the field of view remains the same).
②Arducam MIPI Camera driver supports full spell, but no ISP, the image is poorer.
Arducam MIPI Camera driver supports full spelling, and the resolution in the horizontal direction is doubled after compositing, so the official ISP cannot be used.
Because there is no AWB, AE and other image processing functions, the image effect is poor (the default image will glow green).
Oscillator sharing requires extra cables, soldering skill needed or please use Arducam bundle kit
The Camarray HAT is not sold alone for the following reasons:
Most of the cameras on the market are not designed for synched stereo uses. We’ve modified our camera modules specifically for the Camarry HAT. Your own V1, V2 or HQ camera modules won’t directly work with it.
The Camarray HAT requires different firmware for different Image sensors that are not natively working with your embedded systems. Your own OV9281 and OV7251 camera modules won’t directly work with it, and they are not easily interchangeable.
is required if you have extra requirements as the following:
You need the camera module to run on other Video Modes and Frame Rates.
You need to trigger the camera with an External Hardware trigger.