This Arducam 12MP Synchronized Stereo Camera Bundle Kit is capable of running two 12MP IMX477 Camera Modules simultaneously through a single MIPI CSI-2 camera slot connection on Raspberry Pi. It consists of two 12MP High Quality IMX477 camera module and an Arducam stereo camera HAT. The stereo camera HAT is enabled by ArduChip to disguise the dual-camera connection as a single camera to be accepted by the RPi. You can use this bundle to build your stereo camera system for depth-related vision applications or upgrade your IMX219 stereo setup.
- Robot navigation
- Objective tracking
- 3D measurement
- 3D reconstruction
- Depth-related vision applications
- Raspberry Pi board is not included in the package.
- A single camera module in the bundle kit does NOT work alone with the Raspberry Pi. Its connection to the Camarray HAT is required
- For the Synchronized Stereo Camera Bundle Kit for Raspberry Pi, it supports official driver and Arducam MIPI Camera driver, the difference between the two drivers is as follows:
- ①The official driver has good image effect, but does not support full spelling.
- The official driver supports official commands (raspistill and raspivid), can use the official ISP, has AWB, AE and other functions, the image effect is better.
However, it does not support full spelling, it is compressed half spelling (to ensure the same resolution after compositing, the resolution of each camera is compressed in the horizontal direction by half, but the field of view remains the same).
- ②Arducam MIPI Camera driver supports full spell, but no ISP, the image is poorer.
Arducam MIPI Camera driver supports full spelling, and the resolution in the horizontal direction is doubled after compositing, so the official ISP cannot be used.
Because there is no AWB, AE and other image processing functions, the image effect is poor (the default image will glow green).
- Meanwhile, the IMX477 camera in this kit is dedicated and cannot be used on Raspberry Pi or Jetson directly. Because the oscillator needs to be shared to ensure complete synchronization. The HAT provides the oscillator to the two cameras, but the Raspberry Pi and Jetson cannot provide the oscillator to the camera, so when the camera is directly connected, the camera will not work.
- Camarray Stereo Camera HAT
- Support Raspberry Pi 3B/3B+/4B, Pi HAT board style
- Two MIPI camera inputs and one MIPI camera output
- Support 1/2 lane MIPI cameras input up-to 1Gbps/lane
- Support 2 lane MIPI output up-to 1Gbps/lane
- Support RAW8/RAW10/RAW12 output format, the output format automatically changes with the input format
- Support Raspistill (preview) and Raspivid (processing) commands for 5MP/8MP/12.3MP pi cameras with half resolution combine
- Support Arducam Pi cameras up to 16MP with proprietary camera driver with full resolution combine
- Support camera side-by-side combine, channel 0 and channel 1 software switching on the fly
- HAT Size: 65 x 56 mm
- Sensor: IMX477
- Optical Format: 1/2.3" (diagonal 7.857mm)
- Resolution: 4056(H) x 3040(V) 12.3MP
- Pixel Size: 1.55um x 1.55um
- IR Sensitivity: Visible light
- Interface: 4-lane MIPI CSI-2
- Default Lens Mount: CS-Mount
- Video Modes: 12-bit RAW, [email protected] × 1522 with the Official driver; 8-bit RAW, [email protected]*2 × 3040 with Arducam driver
- Board Size: 38mm x 38mm
- Hole Pitch: Compatible with 29mm, 30mm, 34mm
- Format: 1/2.3 inch
- Focal Length: 6mm
- Aperture (F): Max. F1.2
- Field of View (FOV): 65° (H)
- Mount: CS-Mount
- Back Focal Length: 7.53mm
- MOD: 0.2m
- Dimension: Φ30×31mm
- Weight: 53g
- 2 pcs 12.3MP IMX477 color camera module mounted with CS lens
- 1 pcs Arducam Camarray Stereo Camera HAT
- 2 pcs 150mm/6inch 22pin to 22pin camera cables
- 1 pcs 80mm/3.15inch 22pin to 22pin camera cable for Pi Zero
- 1 pcs 73mm/2.87inch 15pin to 22pin camera cable
- 4 pcs M2.5*10mm Nylon Hex Standoffs
- 4 pcs M2.5 Nylon Nuts
- 4 pcs M2.5*6mm Nylon Screws
Camarray: Stereo Vision Solutions for Embedded Systems (Pi, Jetson Nano/Xavier NX and more)
[ Tutorial ] Arducam Camarray 12MP*2 Synchronized Stereo Camera Bundle Kit for Raspberry Pi: