Raspberry Pi Camera Module 3 is the latest camera model released by Raspberry Pi Official in 2023. Arducam has designed two Fixed-Focus camera variants before. This camera adopts the Sony 11.9MP IMX708 Image Sensor which can be used to take full HD video as well as still photographs and features an HDR mode of up to 3 megapixels.
The camera is equipped with a 120° wide-angle M12 Lens. Wide-Angle Lens always has a deeper depth of field which can effectively reduce bokeh. A manual focus camera allows you to use it in situations such as macro photographs, low light, etc. where autofocus is difficult to achieve. Meanwhile, it is native to Raspberry Pi and fully supported by libcamera and Picamera2 library.
Arducam is committed to creating diverse and convenient camera solutions. Also, we designed various accessories for the Raspberry Pi Camera Module 3 which include the Camera Extension solution, Quad-Vision stereo camera kit, UVC USB camera solution, and upcoming FPD-Link solution, etc. For details, please refer to our official website www.arducam.com
- Wildlife Photograph
- Machine Learning
- Home Security System
- AI applications
- DSLR Camera Control
- Complementary for Official: Raspberry Pi officially released the amazing IMX708 autofocus camera module 3 at the beginning of this year, and Arducam Team designed this M12 Lens manual focus camera module as a supplement to the official camera.
- Arducam Camera Module 3 Series: Based on back-illuminated stacked CMOS 12-megapixel high-resolution Image Sensor (Sony IMX708) with HDR mode for up to 3-megapixel output on Raspberry Pi. Max Resolution: 4608 × 2592.
- Wide Angle M12 Lens: Armed with a 120°(HFOV) Wide Angle M12 Lens. A wide-angle lens has a deeper depth of field, which can effectively reduce bokeh. At the same time, they can better include foregrounds for landscape photos and improve image quality.
- Manual Focus: Manual Focus cameras are always more suitable in some special conditions. For example, in low-light and macro photography environments, manual focus can obtain a complete overall contrast of pictures, thereby improving image quality and focus accuracy. In HDR mode, panorama stitching, and other modes, manual focus can decrease different focus layers and blur efficiently.
- Platform Compatibility: Compatible with Raspberry Pi 3, 4 A/B, equipped with 15-22pin FPC flexible cable. Support used on Raspberry Pi Zero (22-pin FFC flexible cable not included in the package). Support Raspberry Pi Bullseye OS and libcamera command.
|Field of View(FOV)
Electrical and Mechanical
|Camera Board Size
||25 × 24mm
- 1 x Arducam 12MP IMX708 120° Wide Angle camera module 3 with M12 Lens
- 1 x 150mm 15pin-22pin FPC Cable
- The package contains small contents, please keep it away from children to avoid accidental ingestion
- After receiving the package, please confirm whether the contents of the package are consistent with the description
- No Raspberry Pi board is included in the package
- This camera is natively supported by Raspberry Pi, you don't need an additional driver to run it, but you will need some configuration, please refer to the following doc.