PTZ is an abbreviation for pan, tilt, and zoom and reflects the movement options of the camera, and a pan–tilt–zoom camera (PTZ camera) is a camera that is capable of remote directional and zoom control. A PTZ camera is not a still camera. Instead, it could move the camera and the lens, and that means a single camera can be used to monitor places that should be covered by multiple ones. You can save a lot of cost and time in purchasing and deploying the camera if a PTZ camera can handle the job. With its moveable lens, you will also be able to zoom the camera to see a specific area that you are interested in. To conclude, it’s “do more with less.”
- Real PTZ with servos for directional control and varifocal lens for optical zoom now comes to the Raspberry Pi
- Switchable IR Cut through software for your day/night vision
- Make full use of the CSI connector now that a single camera can be used to monitor places that should be covered by multiple ones
- Autofocus control, pan/tilt/zoom keyboard control supported in software
- IoT cameras
- Robot cameras
- Wildlife cameras
- Other security and surveillance projects
- 1pcs Arducam PTZ Pan Tilt Zoom Lens for Raspberry Pi
- 1pcs Controller Board
- 1pcs 15-Pin FPC Cable (11.8 in/30 cm)
- 1pcs XH2.54 Jumper wire with 6Pin Famale Connector (11.8 in/30 cm)
- Raspberry Pi Development Board NOT included.
- Sensor/Camera Board NOT included.
- PTZ Camera with Sensor/Camera Board are available here:5MP PTZ Camera (SKU: B01675MP), 8MP PTZ Camera (SKU: B01678MP) .