Arducam designed a series of working out-of-box camera modules for Raspberry Pi Pico and third-party RP2040 based boards. Extremely low-power monochrome camera acts as Always On Service for machine vision applications and up to 5MP color camera for IoT applications.
The camera module included in this kit is a QVGA camera module, which features ultra low power consumption based on Himax HM01B0-MWA, designed for building machine vision projects and Always on Serivce applications.
- You'll Be Getting - A small but mightly Official Raspberry Pi Pico with pre-soldered headers, a QVGA camera module based on Himax HM01B0-MWA, a Micro USB cable with a switch button, and jump wires.
- Camera Module - Features ultra-low power consumption, standby < 200uW, QQVGA < 1.1mW, helps your pico see the world and acquire visual information, designed for building machine vision projects and Always on service applications.
- Output - 320 x 320 resolution, supports for QVGA window, Monochrome, up to QVGA @ 60FPS; Configurable 1-bit video data serial interface with video frame and line sync, and motion detection wakeup interrupt output.
- Hassle-Free - No other accessories needed, just connect to Raspberry Pi pico to the QVGA camera module with the jump wires, the Person Detection demo is also available.
- NOTE: The even-numbered line ports on the camera module are reserved for expansion. Please search for KB008 to get the 2MP color camera module Pico bundle.
Raspberry Pi Pico Features:
- RP2040 microcontroller chip designed by Raspberry Pi in the United Kingdom
- Dual-core Arm Cortex M0+ processor, flexible clock running up to 133 MHz
- 264KB of SRAM, and 2MB of on-board Flash memory
- Castellated module allows soldering direct to carrier boards
- USB 1.1 with device and host support
- Drag-and-drop programming using mass storage over USB
- 26 × multi-function GPIO pins
- 2 × SPI, 2 × I2C, 2 × UART, 3 × 12-bit ADC, 16 × controllable PWM channels
Arducam QVGA Camera Module Features:
- Ultra Low Power Image Sensor designed for Always-on vision devices and applications
- High sensitivity 3.6μ BrightSenseTM pixel technology 324 x 324 active pixel resolution with support for QVGA window, vertical flip and horizontal mirror readout
- <1.1mW QQVGA resolution at 30FPS, < 2mW QVGA resolution at 30FPS
- Programmable black level calibration target, frame size, frame rate, exposure, analog gain (up to 8x) and digital gain (up to 4x)
- Automatic exposure and gain control loop with support for 50 / 60Hz flicker avoidance
- Flexible 1-bit, 4-bit and 8-bit video data interface with video frame and line sync
- Motion Detection circuit with programmable ROI and detection threshold with digital output to serve as an interrupt
- On-chip self oscillator