The board itself is tiny, at around 36mm x 36mm highlight of our module is that the Lens is replaceable compared to official one, making it perfect for mobile or other applications where size and image quality are important. It connects to Raspberry Pi by way of a short ribbon cable. The camera is connected to the BCM2835 processor on the Pi via the CSI bus, a higher bandwidth link which carries pixel data from the camera back to the processor. This bus travels along the ribbon cable that attaches the camera board to the Pi.
The sensor itself has a native resolution of 5 megapixel, and has a fixed focus lens onboard. In terms of still images, the camera is capable of 2592 x 1944 pixel static images, and also supports 1080p30, 720p60 and 640x480p60/90 video.
The camera is supported in the latest version of Raspbian, Raspberry Pi's preferred operating system.
– Sensor size: 1/4” (OV5647)
- Resolution: 5MP 2592×1944
- Video: 1080p 30 fps, 720p 60fps, 480p 90fps
- Focal Length: 4mm (You can screw the lens for focusing)
- Horizontal Field of View (HFOV): 56°
- Thread Size: M12×P0.5
- Camera Board
- Dimension: 36×36 mm, 4 mounting holes
- Cellular phones, PDAs,Toys
- Other battery-powered products
- Where the official module fails in terms of focusing and Field of View, etc.
- Lens holder: M12x0.5
- 5MPixel sensor
- Integral IR filter
- Max frame rate: 30fps
- Connection by flat ribbon cable to 15-pin MIPI Camera Serial Interface (CSI) connector S5 on Raspberry Pi computer board
- The Camera Lens for Raspberry Pi Camera Board is HX-27227
- OmniVision 5647 sensor in a fixed-focus module with replaceable Lense
- 1pcs 5 Megapixels OV5647 Sensor Camera Module
- 1pcs 15cm 15pin FPC cable
Note: – Raspberry Pi Type B Development Board is not included
– You might need extra m12 lenses to unlock its full potential
– Often, focusing a lens is performed while monitoring the image quality on a video screen.
– The Raspberry Pi motherboard is not included in the package
- User Guide – Arducam 5MP OV5647 M12 Mount Pi Camera
- Sensor Datasheet – OmniVision OV5647
- Arducam Documentation – Arducam Cameras for Raspberry Pi
- Blog – Arducam 5MP OV5647 M12 Mount Pi Camera
- Demo – Arducam Cameras for Raspberry Pi
- Lens Options – Arducam M12 Mount Lens Kit, Arducam Low Distortion M12 Mount Lens Kit
- 3D Drawing