This Arducam stereo camera bundle kit consists of two synched OV9281 global shutter cameras and an Arducam Camarray stereo camera HAT. As a stereo bundle system, it enables simultaneously working dual cameras with a variable baseline for better prototyping and evaluation with a single MIPI CSI camera slot: The two image sensors are on separated camera boards, and you easily move them around for different perspectives while the Camarray HAT handles the rest of the work. This is helpful for proof-of-concept stages when you may want more flexibilities than what a fixed stereo camera module can offer. You will be able to find the optimal baseline for your application with this bundle, and we welcome you to send us product customization requests after that.
- Supports Platforms: This bundle runs two synchronous OV9281 cameras through a single connection with MIPI CSI-2 port, compatible with Raspberry Pi and Jetson Nano/Xavier NX, also can be extended to other platforms that have MIPI CSI-2 interface and standard Video4Linux2(V4L2) driver.
- Complete Synchronization: The frames of two cameras are synchronized at the hardware level, extra synchronization scheme by time stamping or so does not need to be considered.
- Mono Global Shutter: Shoot high-speed moving objects in crisp sharp images. Avoid the rolling artifacts to get a much more accurate complete picture than the rolling shutter Pi cameras. Frame Rate: [email protected]*2 x 800 on Jetson.
- Variable Baseline Extension: Compared to the fixed stereo camera module, this stereo camera bundle has higher flexibility. The separated cameras can be used with a variable baseline device and controlled through the computer control system to achieve rapid and dynamic interactive adjustment of the moving parts for human-like multi-degree-of-freedom stereo binocular vision.
- Support Changing Frame Rate: You can change the frame rate from 5fps to 70fps. If the set frame rate exceeds the maximum value, it will work according to the maximum value. The same goes for the minimum value.
- Head, and eye tracking
- Gesture detection
- Motion detection
- 3D reconstruction
- Depth-related vision applications
||Raspberry Pi and Jetson Nano
||x1 CSI-2 2-lane Output Port/1.0 Gbps/Lane
||Supported on Raspberry Pi, not supported on Nvidia Jetson
||Full Spelling Combine
|Frame Rates(On Raspberry Pi)
|Frame Rates(On Nvidia Jetson)
||Mono Global Shutter OV9281
||3 μm x 3 μm
|Active Array Size
||1280 x 800
||2-lane MIPI CSI-2
|Camera Board Size
||40mm x 40mm
|Camarray Hat Size
||65mm x 56 mm
|Default Lens Mount
|Effective Focal Length
|Field of View(FOV)
||70° (H) x 43.75°(V)
||Without IR-cut filter, sensitive to IR light
||Low distortion M12 lens (Part Number: M27280M07S)
- 2 pcs 1MP OV9281 global shutter camera module with low distortion M12 lens
- 1 pcs Arducam Camarray stereo camera HAT
- 2 pcs 150mm/6inch 22pin to 22pin camera cables
- 1 pcs 300mm/12inch 15pin to 22pin camera cable
- 1 pcs 73mm/2.87inch 15pin to 22pin camera cable
- 4 pcs M2.5*10mm Nylon Hex Standoffs
- 4 pcs M2.5 Nylon Nuts
- 4 pcs M2.5*6mm Nylon Screws
- This kit is released for official Raspberry Pi/Jetson Nano/Xavier NX boards by default, and it does not support other third-party boards
- Raspberry Pi and Jetson board is not included in the package.
- This bundle kit is not recommended for Raspberry Pi Zero.
- The OV9281 cameras in this kit are a special version and cannot be used on Raspberry Pi or Jetson directly.
- The I2C signal and clock of each camera are fully synchronized. It is unavailable to capture the same frame of images at different exposure times for each camera.