Arducam just released this complete High Quality camera bundle for Jetson Nano/Xavier NX/Raspberry Pi Compute Module CM4, CM3, CM3+, an IMX477 camera board with a 6mm CS lens, a customized metal enclosure, a tripod stand and a set extension adapter. Customers can use this camera module on Jetson Nano/Xavier NX/Raspberry Pi Compute Module CM4, CM3, CM3+ natively with hardware ISP features.
Currently, NVIDIA official has released the NVIDIA Jetson Orin series developer board. Based on it, we have also adapted the camera into NVIDIA Jetson Orin kernel.
⚠️ KERNEL CAMERA DRIVER USED
This camera relies on kernel drivers to work – one kernel version, one camera driver.
- Versions earlier than JetPack 4.3 (L4T 32.3.1) are not supported.
- Up or downgrading your OS leads to a kernel bump, and you’ll need to re-install a matching driver.
- Future JetPack/kernel updates require future drivers. When that happens, please allow us some time to process. And if you don’t see it released in time, kindly remind us.
⚠️ NOTE ON THE IMX477 MIPI LANES
Our IMX477 camera module support 4-lane in hardware, but the 4-lane camera driver requires extra customization. Here is why:
- Standard Raspberry Pi and Jetson Nano/Xavier NX can’t physically support a 4-lane connection (both of them only have 2-lane CSI connectors). Only the Raspberry Pi Compute Module and some 3rd party Jetson Carrier Boards come with 4-lane hardware support. Therefore, it’s not a general need.
- Extra works, specifically camera drivers, are required for a 4-lane connection other than the 4-lane physical connector. And the drivers are limited by the performance of the platform itself. For example, 4-lane can’t unlock 4k video on Raspberry Pi because the VideoCore does not currently support it. Jetson Nano is also to some extent limited because of the encoding capabilities. You need to make sure you really need it.
⚠️ NOTE ON THE SUPPORTED PLATFORM
- This camera is released for official Jetson Nano/Xavier NX boards by default, and it does not support other third-party boards.
– Sensor: IMX477
– Optical Format: 1/2.3″ (diagonal 7.857mm)
– Resolution: 4056(H) x 3040(V) 12.3MP
– Pixel Size: 1.55um x 1.55um
– IR Sensitivity: Visible light
– Interface: 4-lane MIPI CSI-2
– Default Lens Mount: CS-Mount
– Frame Rate: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected] Due to Jetson Xavier NX/Nano hardware only supporting [email protected] encoding, you cannot use it for [email protected] h.264/h.265 encoding.
Frame Rate (NVIDIA Orin NX/AGX NX): [email protected], [email protected]
– Format: 1/2.3 inch
– Focal Length: 6mm
– Aperture (F): Max. F1.2
– Field of View (FOV): 65° (H)
– Mount: CS-Mount
– Back Focal Length: 7.53mm
– MOD: 0.2m
– Dimension: Φ30×31mm
– Weight: 53g
– Board Size: 38mm×38mm
– Hole Pitch: Compatible with 29mm, 30mm, 34mm
- 1 pcs 12.3MP IMX477 color camera module
- 1 pcs 6mm focal length CS-mount camera lens
- 1 pcs HDMI-CSI camera adapter board with 60mm/2.36inch 15 pin camera cable
- 1 pcs 1m high-speed HDMI cable
- 1 pcs metal enclosure for camera module
- 1 pcs mini tripod stand
Troubleshooting IMX477 Camera with Nano & NX (Hardware & Driver):
Full HQ Camera Dev Kit for Jetson Nano & Xavier NX (Quick Start Tutorial):