This Arducam quadrascopic camera bundle incorporates four 1MP OV9281 global shutter cameras, and the cutting-edge MIPI stereo camera breakthrough from Arducam - The Arducam Camarray HAT. As the upgraded version of Arducam Synched Stereo Camera HAT, the Camarray further pushes the multi-camera limits and doubles the interfacing capabilities to allow 4 synchronized MIPI camera modules to be interfaced to a single MIPI CSI-2 slot on prevailing single-board computers like Raspberry Pi, Jetson Nano, and Jetson Xavier NX. Also, as the Camarray HAT releases, Arducam starts to support a variable baseline for stereo camera applications with some modified Arducam camera modules, such as those OV9281 ones included in this bundle. Since no shared camera board or clock-sharing soldering is required for the image sensors, you can kick off your prototyping for stereo camera applications and then decide the optimal baseline. Arducam also accepts subsequent customizations for your stereo camera applications.
⚠️ KERNEL CAMERA DRIVER USED
This camera relies on kernel drivers to work – one kernel version, one camera driver. Up or downgrading your OS leads to a kernel bump, and you may need to re-install a matching driver.
Important Note on the Arducam Camarray HAT:
The Camarray HAT is not sold alone for the following reasons:
- Most of the cameras on the market are not designed for synched stereo uses. We’ve modified our camera modules specifically for the Camarry HAT. Your own V1, V2 or HQ camera modules won’t directly work with it.
- The Camarray HAT requires different firmware for different Image sensors that are not natively working with your embedded systems. Your own OV9281 and OV7251 camera modules won’t directly work with it, and they are not easily interchangeable.
Customization is required if you have extra requirements as the following:
- You need the camera module to run on other Video Modes and Frame Rates.
- You need to trigger the camera with an External Hardware trigger.
- You only want three images or one image.
- Head, and eye tracking
- Gesture detection
- Motion detection
- 3D reconstruction
- Depth-related vision applications
- Raspberry Pi board and Jetson Nano/Xavier NX are not included in the package.
- This bundle kit is not recommended for Raspberry Pi Zero.
- The OV9281 cameras in this kit is a special version and cannot be used on Raspberry Pi or Jetson directly..
- Camarray Quadrascopic Stereo Camera HAT
- Support Raspberry Pi 3B/3B+/4B and Jetson Nano/NX
- Two/Three/Four MIPI camera inputs and one MIPI camera output
- Support 1/2 lane MIPI cameras input up-to 1Gbps/lane
- Support 2 lane MIPI output up-to 1Gbps/lane
- Support RAW8/RAW10/RAW12 output format, the output format automatically changes with the input format
- Support standard V4L2 framework, Video Nodes and Controls (Exposure, Gain and depending on camera parameters)
- Support Arducam cameras up to 12MP with proprietary camera driver with full resolution combine
- Support Two/Three/Four MIPI camera side-by-side combine, channel 0/1/2/3 software switching on the fly
- HAT Size: 65 x 56 mm
- Sensor: Monochrome global shutter OV9281
- Pixel Size: 3 μm x 3 μm
- Active Array Size: 1280 x 800
- Optical Size: 1/4 inch
- Focusing Range: 30mm ~ infinite
- IR Sensitive: No IR filter, sensitive to IR
- Output interface: 2-lane MIPI serial output
- Video Modes: 8-bit RAW, [email protected]*4 × 800 with Arducam driver on Jetson Nano/Xavier NX; [email protected]*4 × 800 with Arducam driver on Rpi
- Board Size: 40mm x 40mm
- Optical Format: 1/2.7”
- Distortion: <1%
- Effective Focal Length: 2.8mm
- FOV on 1/4” RPi Camera: 70° (H)
- F/NO: 2.8
- Mount: M12
- Size: 14mm x 15.6mm
- Weight: 4g
- 4 pcs 1MP OV9281 global shutter camera module with low distortion M12 lens
- 1 pcs Arducam Camarray quadrascopic stereo camera HAT
- 4 pcs 150mm/6inch 22pin to 22pin camera cables
- 1 pcs 300mm/12inch 15pin to 22pin camera cable
- 1 pcs 73mm/2.87inch 15pin to 22pin camera cable
- 4 pcs M2.5*10mm Nylon Hex Standoffs
- 4 pcs M2.5 Nylon Nuts
- 4 pcs M2.5*6mm Nylon Screws
Camarray: Stereo Vision Solutions for Embedded Systems (Pi, Jetson Nano/Xavier NX and more)
[Tutorial] 4 Sync OV9281 Cameras on 1 Raspberry Pi