Stereo vision systems give the robots depth perception skills, which make artificial machines and systems develop an understanding of their environment by estimating the relative distance of objects in their vision from many visual cues. Hence, stereo vision are used in many areas of robotics, such as self-driving cars, drones for rescue missions, robots for remote surgery.
Arducam released this Stereo Camera MIPI Module Series for Raspberry Pi and Jetson Nano/Xavier NX. They directly connect to the MIPI CSI-2 connectors of the motherboards, and run with a V4L2 camera driver on those platforms. They offer better flexibility to be integrated into your own hardware design or run with your own algorithm on embedded systems for applications like depth sensing, 3d mapping, SLAM, etc.
This Arducam 1MP Stereo Camera MIPI Module is a stereo camera module with two synchronized monochrome global shutter OV9281 image sensors (2x1MP). The monochrome sensor’s capable of excellent detail and sensitivity allow it to get higher accuracy and frame rates in extracting depth information.
- Supports Multiple Platforms: Compatible with Raspberry Pi and Jetson Nano/Xavier NX, also can be extended to other platforms that have MIPI CSI-2 interface and standard Video4Linux2(V4L2) driver, hence it can be used for different platforms without changing the hardware and the software.
- More Reliable: This module connects via MIPI CSI connector, which outperforms better integrity, higher throughput, and low latency of USB connectivity, keeps reliability even in the vibration environment.
- Complete Synchronization: The frames of dual cameras of this module are synchronized in hardware level, extra synchronization scheme by time stamping or so does not need to be considered.
- Mono Global Shutter: Compared to rolling shutter, the sensor’s capable of excellent detail and sensitivity allow it to get real-time, higher accuracy and frame rates in extracting depth information.
- Support Changing Frame Rate: You can change the frame rate from 5fps to 80fps. If the set frame rate exceeds the maximum value, it will work according to the maximum value. The same goes for the minimum value.
- Sensor: Dual Monochrome global shutter OV9281
- Pixel Size: 3 μm x 3 μm
- Active Array Size: 1280 x 800
- Optical Size: 1/4 inch
- Focus Type: Fixed focus
- Focusing Range: 30mm ~ infinite
- Output Interface: 2-lane MIPI serial output
- Output Formats: 8-bit/10-bit RAW
- Maximum Image Transfer Rate: [email protected] x 800 on Jetson Nano/Xavier NX; [email protected] x 800 on Raspberry Pi
- Lens: Default Wide angle lens (Part Number: M25170H12 )
- EFL: 1.7, F.NO: 2.0, HFOV: 120 Deg.
- IR Sensitivity: Sensitive to IR, No IR filter
- Board Size: 105(L) x 24(W) x 22.5(H) mm
- Depth sensing
- 3d mapping
- 360 camera
- VR / AR application
- Raspberry Pi & Jetson Nano/Xavier NX motherboards, acrylic case, and tripod are not included in the package.
- Contact us to get 3D files of this camera module and case.
- This kit supports the Raspberry Pi/Jetson platform by default. If you need to use it on other platforms, please contact [email protected] for customization.
- 1 pcs Arducam 1MP OV9281 stereo MIPI camera module with wide angle M12 Mount Lens
- 1 pcs 150mm 22pin FPC cable
- 1 pcs 150mm 15pin to 22pin FPC cable