This Arducam 12MP Synchronized Stereo Camera Bundle Kit is capable of running two 12MP IMX477 Camera Modules simultaneously through a single MIPI CSI-2 camera slot connection on the Jetson Nano and Jetson Xavier NX. It consists of two 12MP High Quality IMX477 camera module and an Arducam stereo camera HAT. The stereo camera HAT is enabled by ArduChip to disguise the dual-camera connection as a single camera to be accepted by these single-board computers. You can use this bundle to build your stereo camera system for depth-related vision applications or upgrade your IMX219 stereo setup.
⚠️ KERNEL CAMERA DRIVER USED
This camera relies on kernel drivers to work – one kernel version, one camera driver.
- Versions earlier than JetPack 4.3 (L4T 32.3.1) are not supported.
- Up or downgrading your OS leads to a kernel bump, and you’ll need to re-install a matching driver.
- Future JetPack/kernel updates require future drivers. When that happens, please allow us some time to process. And if you don’t see it released in time, kindly remind us.
- Work Natively with Jetson Nano and Jetson Xavier NX. NOTE: This bundle can’t work with Raspberry Pi, please check Raspberry Pi Version B0347R
- High Resolution: This bundle includes two high quality cameras, which adopts 1/2.3″ 12.3 Megapixel IMX477 sensor for sharp image, max. still resolution 4056(H) x 3040(V). The cameras also come with two M12-Mount lenses, which equipped with a manual focus ring and an adjustable aperture ring.
- Complete Synchronization: The frames of dual cameras of this module are synchronized at the hardware level, extra synchronization scheme by time stamping or so does not need to be considered.
- Variable Baseline Extension: Compared to the fixed stereo camera module, this stereo camera bundle has higher flexibility, which can be used with a variable baseline device and controlled through the computer control system to achieve rapid and dynamic interactive adjustment of the moving parts for human-like multi-degree-of-freedom stereo binocular vision.
- For the new version(R32 4.4), please refer to the following link: https://github.com/ArduCAM/MIPI_Camera/releases/tag/v0.0.2
- Robot navigation
- Objective tracking
- 3D measurement
- 3D reconstruction
- Depth-related vision applications
- Jetson Nano/Xavier NX and camera stands are not included in the package.
- A single camera module in the bundle kit does NOT work alone with Jetson. Its connection to the Camarray HAT is required.
– Camarray Stereo Camera HAT
- Two MIPI camera inputs and one MIPI camera output
- Support 1/2 lane MIPI cameras input up-to 1Gbps/lane
- Support 2 lane MIPI output up-to 1Gbps/lane
- Support RAW8/RAW10/RAW12 output format, the output format automatically changes with the input format
- Support Jetson Native commands for IMX219/IMX477 cameras with half resolution combine
- Support Arducam Jetson cameras up to 16MP with proprietary camera driver with full resolution combine
- Support camera side-by-side combine, channel 0 and channel 1 software switching on the fly
- HAT Size: 65 x 56 mm
- Sensor: IMX477
- Optical Format: 1/2.3″ (diagonal 7.857mm)
- Resolution: 4056(H) x 3040(V) 12.3MP
- Pixel Size: 1.55um x 1.55um
- IR Sensitivity: Visible light
- Interface: 4-lane MIPI CSI-2
- Default Lens Mount: M12 Mount
- Video Modes: 8-bit RAW, [email protected]*2 × 3040 with Arducam driver
- Board Size: 24mm × 25mm
- Format: 1/2.3 inch
- Focal Length: 3.9mm
- Aperture (F): Max. F2.8
- Field of View (FOV): 75° (H)
- Mount: M12 Mount
- Back Focal Length: 4.49mm
- MOD: 0.1m
- Dimension: Φ14×18.67mm
- Weight: 6g
- 2 pcs 12.3MP MINI IMX477 color camera module mounted with M12 lens
- 1 pcs Arducam Camarray Stereo Camera HAT
- 2 pcs 150mm/6inch 22pin to 22pin camera cables
- 1 pcs 300mm/12inch 15pin to 22pin camera cable
- 2pcs M2.5*10mm Nylon Hex Standoffs
- 2pcs M2.5*6mm Nylon Screws
IMPORTANT NOTE ON THE ARDUCAM CAMARRAY HAT:
Jetson Nano board is not included in the package.
A single camera module in the bundle kit does NOT work alone with the Jetson Nano. Its connection to the Camarray HAT is required.
Our IMX477 camera module support 4-lane in hardware, but the 4-lane camera driver requires extra customization. Here is why:
- Standard Raspberry Pi and Jetson Nano/Xavier NX can’t physically support a 4-lane connection (both of them only have 2-lane CSI connectors). Only the Raspberry Pi Compute Module and some 3rd party Jetson Carrier Boards come with 4-lane hardware support. Therefore, it’s not a general need.
- Extra works, specifically camera drivers, are required for a 4-lane connection other than the 4-lane physical connector. And the drivers are limited by the performances of the platform itself. For example, 4-lane can’t unlock 4k video on Raspberry Pi because the VideoCore does not currently support it. Jetson Nano is also to some extent limited because of the encoding capabilities. You need to make sure you really need it.
The Camarray HAT is not sold alone for the following reasons:
Most of the cameras on the market are not designed for synched stereo uses. We’ve modified our camera modules specifically for the Camarry HAT. Your own V1, V2 or HQ camera modules won’t directly work with it.
The Camarray HAT requires different firmware for different Image sensors that are not natively working with your embedded systems. Your own OV9281 and OV7251 camera modules won’t directly work with it, and they are not easily interchangeable.
is required if you have extra requirements as the following:
You need the camera module to run on other Video Modes and Frame Rates.
You need to trigger the camera with an External Hardware trigger.