This Arducam 12MP Synchronized Stereo Camera Bundle Kit is capable of running two 12MP IMX477 Camera Modules simultaneously through a single MIPI CSI-2 camera slot connection on the Jetson Nano and Jetson Xavier NX. It consists of two 12MP High Quality IMX477 camera module and an Arducam stereo camera HAT. The stereo camera HAT is enabled by ArduChip to disguise the dual-camera connection as a single camera to be accepted by these single-board computers. You can use this bundle to build your stereo camera system for depth-related vision applications or upgrade your IMX219 stereo setup.
- Robot navigation
- Objective tracking
- 3D measurement
- 3D reconstruction
- Depth-related vision applications
- Jetson Nano/Xavier NX and camera stands are not included in the package.
- A single camera module in the bundle kit does NOT work alone with Jetson. Its connection to the Camarray HAT is required.
- For the new version(R32 4.4), please refer to the following link: https://github.com/ArduCAM/MIPI_Camera/releases/tag/v0.0.2
- This camera can just be supported by Jetson nano and Xavier NX at present, any other Jetson boards will not be supported.
- Camarray Stereo Camera HAT
- Two MIPI camera inputs and one MIPI camera output
- Support 1/2 lane MIPI cameras input up-to 1Gbps/lane
- Support 2 lane MIPI output up-to 1Gbps/lane
- Support RAW8/RAW10/RAW12 output format, the output format automatically changes with the input format
- Support Jetson Native commands for IMX219/IMX477 cameras with half resolution combine
- Support Arducam Jetson cameras up to 16MP with proprietary camera driver with full resolution combine
- Support camera side-by-side combine, channel 0 and channel 1 software switching on the fly
- HAT Size: 65 x 56 mm
- Sensor: IMX477
- Optical Format: 1/2.3" (diagonal 7.857mm)
- Resolution: 4056(H) x 3040(V) 12.3MP
- Pixel Size: 1.55um x 1.55um
- IR Sensitivity: Visible light
- Interface: 4-lane MIPI CSI-2
- Default Lens Mount: CS-Mount
- Video Modes:[email protected], [email protected], [email protected]
- Board Size: 38mm × 38mm
- Hole Pitch: Compatible with 29mm, 30mm, 34mm
- Format: 1/2.3 inch
- Focal Length: 6mm
- Aperture (F): Max. F1.2
- Field of View (FOV): 65° (H)
- Mount: CS-Mount
- Back Focal Length: 7.53mm
- MOD: 0.2m
- Dimension: Φ30×31mm
- Weight: 53g
- 2 pcs 12.3MP IMX477 color camera module mounted with CS lens
- 1 pcs Arducam Camarray Stereo Camera HAT
- 2 pcs 150mm/6inch 22pin to 22pin camera cables
- 1 pcs 300mm/12inch 15pin to 22pin camera cable
- 2pcs M2.5*10mm Nylon Hex Standoffs
- 2pcs M2.5*6mm Nylon Screws
Camarray: Stereo Vision Solutions for Embedded Systems (Pi, Jetson Nano/Xavier NX and more)
[Tutorial] Arducam Camarray 12MP*2 Synchronized Stereo Camera Bundle Kit for Jetson Nano/NX:
IMPORTANT NOTE ON THE ARDUCAM CAMARRAY HAT:
Jetson Nano board is not included in the package.
A single camera module in the bundle kit does NOT work alone with the Jetson Nano. Its connection to the Camarray HAT is required.
Our IMX477 camera module support 4-lane in hardware, but the 4-lane camera driver requires extra customization. Here is why:
- Standard Raspberry Pi and Jetson Nano/Xavier NX can’t physically support a 4-lane connection (both of them only have 2-lane CSI connectors). Only the Raspberry Pi Compute Module and some 3rd party Jetson Carrier Boards come with 4-lane hardware support. Therefore, it’s not a general need.
- Extra works, specifically camera drivers, are required for a 4-lane connection other than the 4-lane physical connector. And the drivers are limited by the performances of the platform itself. For example, 4-lane can’t unlock 4k video on Raspberry Pi because the VideoCore does not currently support it. Jetson Nano is also to some extent limited because of the encoding capabilities. You need to make sure you really need it.
The Camarray HAT is not sold alone for the following reasons:
Most of the cameras on the market are not designed for synched stereo uses. We’ve modified our camera modules specifically for the Camarry HAT. Your own V1, V2 or HQ camera modules won’t directly work with it.
The Camarray HAT requires different firmware for different Image sensors that are not natively working with your embedded systems. Your own OV9281 and OV7251 camera modules won’t directly work with it, and they are not easily interchangeable.
is required if you have extra requirements as the following:
You need the camera module to run on other Video Modes and Frame Rates.
You need to trigger the camera with an External Hardware trigger.
This kit is released for official Jetson Nano/Xavier NX boards by default, and it does not support other third-party boards.