The ultra low light image sensor can receive more light in extremely low light conditions, making it widely applicable to special lighting projects such as astrophotography. This camera is based on the SONY IMX290 STARVIS Ultra low light image sensor. The sensor has very high performance for better image quality in low-light environments. It features low power consumption and high functionality and applies R, G, and B primary color mosaic filters, as well as a variable electronic shutter.
The camera is equipped with a 88°(HFOV) M12 Lens. A manual focus camera allows you to use it in situations such as macro photographs, low light conditions, etc. Meanwhile, this camera is native to Raspberry Pi and fully supported by libcamera and Picamera2 library.
Arducam is committed to creating diverse and convenient camera solutions for embedded camera users. We are not only engaged in the production and development of optical products but also strive to provide complete solutions for embedded cameras, optical components, etc. For details, please refer to our official website www.arducam.com
- Surveillance cameras
- FA cameras
- Industrial/Agricultural cameras
- Autonomous mobile robots, UGV/UAV, ADAS, etc.
- Ultra Low Light: Based on Sony STAVIS Ultra Low Light IMX290 image sensor. The chip uses analog 2.9 V, digital 1.2 V, and interface 1.8 V. This highly sensitive low-light camera can capture extremely sharp images with minimal noise at extremely low light conditions.
- Quality Images/Videos: Up to 90fps at 1280x720 resolution, 46fps at 1920x1080 in still mode. Maximum frame rate in Full HD 1080p mode: 30 fps. Support Multiple exposure WDR, Digital Overlay WDR with clear image and higher signal-to-noise ratio.
- Platform Compatibility: Supports Raspberry Pi 3, 4 A/B, and CM3/CM4, equipped with 15-22pin FPC flexible cable. Supports application on Raspberry Pi Zero (22-pin FFC flexible cable not included in the package).
- Native to Raspberry Pi: Native to Raspberry Pi. No additional driver is needed. You just need to execute some modifications in the config file. Support the latest Raspberry Pi Bullseye OS and libcamera command/Picamera2 Library.
- Cost-Effective: Second-to-none choice for performance and cost. It features low power consumption and high functionality which can achieve high sensitivity, low dark current, and no smear.
||1/2.8''(6.46mm sensor diagonal)
|Number of effective pixels
||1920(H) × 1080(V)
||2.9μm × 2.9μm
||Raspberry Pi 4/3/Zero/CM3/CM4
|Color Filter Array
||(2G2P+IR) M12 Lens
|Field of View(FOV)
||Integral IR-cut Filter, visible light only
|Camera Board Size
||38 × 38 × 20.67mm
- 1 x Arducam 2MP IMX290 Ultra Low Light camera module with M12 Lens
- 1 x 150mm 15pin-22pin FPC Cable
- The package contains small contents, please keep it away from children to avoid accidental ingestion
- After receiving the package, please confirm whether the contents of the package are consistent with the description
- No Raspberry Pi board is included in the package
- This camera is native supported by Raspberry Pi, you don't need additional driver to run it, but you will need some configuration, please refer to the following doc.